Creating Your Profit Generating Success Systems
As an online marketer creating success systems go beyond what Michael Gerber has to say, they allow you to control how much you will make from your online business.
Michael Gerber, author of the book “E-Myth” says: “Systems allow ordinary people to achieve extraordinary results predictably.” System = Saving Yourself Stress Time Effort & Money
Productive and profitable online marketers create systems for every profit generating part of their business and as result they not only save time, effort and money they earn the kind of income that most only dream about.
They also use systems to achieve any goal that they want to accomplish from their online business.
For example, I make my living as an affiliate marketer and I want to double my income in the next 12 months.
Here’s a simple 7 step success system that will make that possible:
- Select a product that meets the needs of your target market
- Create a number of articles and product review pages that contain links to the product’s sales page. I call these money pages, because once you get people to visit them, you make money. 🙂
- Decide where to post your money pages.
- Post your money pages on the sites you’ve selected
- Drive traffic to your money pages
- Collect your profits
- Repeat this process at least once a week.
Nothing fancy here. Just basic steps that have been proven to produce profitable results.
Of course, the devil is in the details. So you should have a system for each step in the process, from selecting the product to driving traffic to your money pages. For example, in my case there are certain actions that I always take to drive traffic to my money pages. They are:
- Use pinging services and RSS feeds to get my money pages indexed by the search engines.
- Use bookmarking sites to create links back to my money pages
- Create articles to post on article directories such as Ezine article with links back to my money pages
- Submit my articles to the top 3 article directories.
- Create articles to post to a service I use that get’s them posted on targeted blogs. Each article has links back to a money page.
- Submit my articles to the blog posting service.
- Track my results.
If the campaign is successful, I create and post more articles to the directories and my blog posting service.
While there are lot’s of ways to generate traffic, both paid and free, this is the system that works for me. Rather than spending my time looking for the newest and greatest traffic source, I keep it simple and follow the above system.
Too many online marketers are always looking for the latest and greatest shortcut. Unfortunately, spending time looking, rather than doing, only results in failure.
Now let’s look at how you can go about creating systems for your online business.
- Decide what you want to accomplish – what is the end result. I suggest you start with your compelling goal.
- Ask yourself: What are the 3 to 5 critical things that I must do to get the results I want in the least amount of time? List each element.
- Take each critical element and break it down into 3-5 key areas that you must do to accomplish that element in the least amount of time.
- Decide the order in which you must do each critical element. For example, when I decide to promote a new affiliate product I:
- 1. Create my money pages.
- 2. Decide where I want to post my money pages 3. Post them, and 4. Drive traffic to them.
- Start with the first element and work on it until it is completed. Do the same with each element in order.
Follow your system until it becomes a habit for you.
Once you’ve made a habit of your system, you can look for ways to make it better, until you reach the point of diminishing returns.
If you apply the concepts in this article to your online business, you’ll soon find that you will be among the 5% of those online marketers who are both productive and profitable.
I hope you found this article to be informative and helpful, if so please share it on your social networks and add your comments and suggestions below.